Feb 10, 2010

CNY Prep III

To give my arms and shoulders a rest, I decided to move on to the non-painting task on my list... sewing! :p

All the room doors have door curtains and some of the windows have window curtains too.. however, they are unlike the elaborate type or what you call a "proper" type of curtains, instead they are the basic or primitive type - just a piece of cloth sewn to be hung.. anyway, they are at least 5 years old, so it is time to change..

My sis wanted to choose the design for them as she was the one who chose the old ones.. So we went around several textile shops hunting for the perfect curtains.. In the end we decided on this design..We bought 20m, enough for 5 door curtains and 10 window curtains.. and it cost us around MYR50..

First I need to cut them up.. into door and window curtains.. then I need to fold the ends up and sew them.. using needles and a tailoring tape..Then I would need to use my mum's sewing machine.. To sew the ends.. with one end smaller (the bottom) and the other bigger (the top so the wire can go through for me to hang it up).. A couple of hours later, one of the end results...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, u sew??? Never thought you had it in you. (I was also surprised by your affinity towards mushy mushy love songs. :-) Pity I never got to hear you sing before you left.