Feb 7, 2010

CNY Prep Part II

Ok, the other 2 sides..

This was the "target" for 4th day..

Since I woke up late, I started work on this side of the wall only around 11am.. which didn't really make much of a difference as this side of the wall will be under the sun no matter what time it is..

I worked under the sun from 11am to 2.30pm.. taking frequent breaks and drinking plenty of water.. but in the end, I can't finish the entire wall..

Only completed 70%.. with my arms and shoulders aching, my hands cramping and my body sun-burnt.. :x

I then took a break as it was my sister's birthday and we went shopping.. :)

I continued 2 days later.. painting the last 30% and the back of the house.. spent about 5 hours on them.. by the end of the day, my arms, shoulders and hands were aching.. I can't even grip my hands firmly into a fist.. :x :x My sis cautioned me to NOT paint anymore as the ligaments in my hands were over-strained and swelling.. and it is going to take a very long time for my hands to recover..

So I took her advice.. but only rested for another 2 days before continuing.. as I just can't leave something half-done.. at least the front of the house has to be completed.. so out came the ladder and a smaller brush, to help me reach the corners that the roller-brush can't..
It took me another 2 days (of 6 hours each) to tidy up.. By the time I finished all the nooks and corners, including two front pillars, I could barely turn my head to my left as I had pulled some muscles in my left shoulder, and can't grip anything firmly with any of my hands..

But I am very happy with the end product.. :)



Next up, the main gate.. and some sewing.. :p

No comments: