Feb 21, 2010

First 7 Days

Been busy the past one week or so.. not really physically busy, more like having lots on my mind.. with the CNY, my brother's wedding dinners and many other stuff..

Went to KL three days before CNY as my brother and his wife was to arrive in KL a day after.. As we ware using my (paternal) uncle's house as the place for the tea ceremony, we need to help my auntie with the cooking and other misc tasks.. My sister couldn't join us as she had to work during CNY.. :(

With all these tasks awaiting, I still managed to steal half a day to meet up with my friend in KL, Hoon. We went to Sunway Pyramid for karaoke, and some window shopping after that.. Didn't buy anything at all as the both of us weren't in much of a joyful celebration mood.. We even had a small "adventure" of looking for the entrance to the car park and then the car as the signage within the shopping complex weren't very helpful..

Then some good news... My sister's supervisor gave my sister 3 days off for CNY! thus she wass able to join us for the reunion dinner!! :) It was such great news. Finally my family wass able to have a reunion where all 5 of us are present! It has been 6 long years since my sister last made it to our reunion dinner.. It was an occasion to be remembered.. :)
This year almost all my (paternal) cousins, even those from China, America and Japan, were present except one who is studying pharmacy in England.. A cousin would be leaving for Canada later this year, while another cousin in US is expecting their first baby, so this was a rare occasion where almost all my cousins are present..

As usual, CNY meant feasting.. never feel hungry since CNY started.. :p We had our reunion dinner on the eve, went to another of my (paternal) uncles' house for dinner on the first day, and on the 2nd day a restaurant for dinner.. Then on the 3rd day, it was my brother's wedding dinner.. Shall talk about the wedding in another blog entry..

We then rested on the 4th day, before heading back home the next day.. so as to get ready for the 2nd wedding dinner the following day.. After the wedding dinner, my parents went to KL with my brothers and his in-laws the next day, while I stayed back with my sister as she had to work the very next day.. Only on the 7th day did I finally manage to get a breather, of sort, where my time is finally mine.. :) Don't expect any more "action" the next 7 days or so after tonight's "Prayer to the Jade Emperor" (拜天公), an important day for Hokkiens..

So back to my job-hunting.. :x

No comments: