Feb 15, 2010

Living Vs Staying

When asked, do you say "I live in XXX"? or do you say "I stay in XXX"?

From dictionary.com, "stay" implies "To continue to be in a place or condition" or "To remain or sojourn as a guest or lodger", while "live" is given as "To reside; dwell".

That is the official explanation of these two words, but to me, they meant different things..

"I am staying with my parents" - this is my official answer when people ask me about my current status.. It implies that this is only a temporary stage as I wanna get out of this situation asap. I won't mind living in other countries, like Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Australia or New Zealand... even Japan doesn't look as bad as before compared to this country..

If there is no news from Taiwan by the end of this month, I would most probably move to Singapore to live there and continue my job hunting.. even though I have yet to find a job.. I just need to be some place else.. anywhere but here, actually...

I want to live, not just stay in a place..

I want to be alive, not just surviving..

I want to be me..

No comments: