Feb 5, 2010

Painful price

of vanity, that is.. Oh, I am referring to the pain endured during a facial.. :x

All those years in Singapore, I have only had ONE facial done.. because I don't like the feeling of lying there and allowed myself to be "manipulated" by the beautician.. and I am very particular about people touching any part of my head, including my hair.. But then my face isn't as bad, actually I think it is in a pretty good condition ( :p ) .. plus the fact that I don't put on make-up at all, other than the usual day/night moisturizer, so it is aging "elegantly".. :p So I don't really see the need for facial..

However, this time I went with my sister for one session of facial as she had a acne breakout and my brother's wedding is less than 2 weeks away.. We went to a beauty center in town instead of my sister's usual beautician, because it was recommended by my mum's friend.. so we decided to check it out and compare, since the price is about the same.

When we first arrived, we were asked to change into a tube-top-like clothes that leaves our shoulders and arms bare.. Lying on the bed, our faces were first washed with their in-house facial cleanser.. Followed by several rounds of cleansing, cleaning, massaging and applying some cream/mask..

The most "unforgettable" segment was when the beautician started squeezing my blackheads from various parts of my face.. my forehead, my cheeks, my chin but the most most most painful part was my nose.. I always prided myself for having a high pain threshold, and I think my pain threshold is higher than most people, yet I was winching and grimacing throughout the whole "ordeal"... and my tears just gushed out.. It was THE worst physical pain I had ever experienced.. :x

The rest of the session was not too bad.. they even did a shoulder massage, which unfortunately, barely loosen my tensed muscles.. another minor complain that I have was that I was "bombarded" with Chinese New Year songs for the whole duration, which really got on my nerve.. :x

So after spending one and a half hours, MYR$55 and not forgetting a few drops of my tears, I had my eye-brow trimmed and my face cleansed.. :p

1 comment:

§nóflèk said...

hehehe... i think the right gauge for pain should be going through the extraction part of the facial. i think i've learnt to "tahan" that part by consoling myself that after that comes the nicest most pampering parts (eg. mask, massage) :)
btw have you tried waxing?