Feb 28, 2010

My sister's keeper

Read the book by Jodi Picoult of the same name.. it was very touching.. it was such good story telling that I finished it in one sitting, within 5 hours! .. I like the way the author presented views/thoughts/feelings of each of the characters involved in chapters.. Have yet to watch the movie of the same name, but was told that the ending for both were different.. think I prefer the book's ending..

I don't know how I would react if I were Anna.. or Kate as the matter of fact.. I am not able to put myself in any one of their shoes in these kind of extreme yet probable situations.. instead of thinking about these hypothetical questions, I think it would be better for me to treasure those around me, especially my baby sister..

As I am still living with my parents and my sister, I have appointed myself as my sister's "personal maid".. ;)

I am there to tend to her daily needs, which includes waking up at 5:30am to make her hot drinks and cook/make her breakfast, filling up her water tumbler, seeing her out of the front gate before 6:20am, washing and ironing her clothes, being her alarm clock when she wants to take naps between studies, getting her dinner and sending it over to her when she is on-call for 36 hours, cooking her supper when she gets off work after midnight and being her cheerleader cum listening-ear when she is too stressed out at work.. Giving her moral support, advice and guidance, especially in terms of managing her superiors and peers.. :) and sometimes, for me to nag at her to study/bath/eat/etc.. :p

Also, I will make sure that her favorite snacks and drinks are well-stocked, that she takes her vitamins and supplements and that she is not bogged down the daily mundane stuff.. Her wish is my command.. I would even gave her any of my body parts at the drop of a hat if she so requires... :)

Of course, I know that I won't be able to do all these things or be there for her forever, but I just wanna to do what I can while I still can.. who knows what might happen in the (near) future? Carpe diem and there shall be no regrets..

No comments: