Feb 9, 2010

Colored

It has been almost a year since I last colored my hair.. and since I won't be going to Singapore any time soon to "visit" my hairstylist, I have decided to try out one of many variety of hair coloring products available here.. plus my sis volunteered to be my "colorist".. :)

Having tried shades of red and brown, I was thinking of either blue or purple.. ;) :p In order not to shock my relatives plus it is going to be Chinese New Year soon, I decided that I would like to do purple (which is closer to red than blue) this time round... So I bought this product from Revlon..The color is Deep Burgundy.. Not too sure about the RGB code for Deep Burgundy, but for Burgundy is #800020. Bought this for MYR21 at Watson.

Inside the coloring kit, there is a bottle of Ammonia-free Colorant, Cream Color Developer, After-Color Conditioner, Application instructions and a pair of gloves.
My sis took about 30 min to apply and I waited about 35 min for the color to "stick", as per instruction.. Because of my short short hair, there are more than half of the coloring lotion left unused.. since it can't be kept, I had to throw them away.. very wasteful... :(
In the end, the color isn't very obvious on my hair and can only detect it under direct sunlight.. :x :x On hindsight, I should have bought Burgundy instead of Deep Burgundy as my black hair is as stubborn as I am and thus refuse to be "colored" so easily.. :p

Well, there is always next time! :)

No comments: