Jul 12, 2011

i am home..

Got discharged from the hospital late yesterday afternoon..

Came home with a 15-cm+ long suture down my right neck, a very sore+numb right ear, a numb+sore right cheek and a whole lot of pain.. luckily, my smile is still intact, well sorta as it is kinda lopsided for now... but some parts of my lower right cheek have permanently lost their sensation... and a really oily smelly head+face+hair since I can't wash my face or my hair since surgery last Friday and till at least a couple more days... :( :x :x

For now, I can't really move or tilt my head, left/right or down/up; can't really open my mouth; can't really chew tough food; can't lift heavy things (as it strains my neck); and I have a very stiff neck, shoulder and upper body as I have to compensate my movement (or lack of it) by moving my entire upper body..

After this surgery, I came to many realization.. among them is that I am really blessed to have my sister who was with me throughout my surgery and most of my recovery time at the hospital, especially the nights.. I am also blessed to have friends who had given their best wishes and prayed for me.. I really do appreciate it although I don't say it out loud as I am not a very openly expressive person..

Shall write more about this 'adventure' of mine when I am in a better shape.. so for the mean time, I need to go and rest..

No comments: