Jul 1, 2011

made cupcakes... sorta..

Bought a packet of those cupcake mixes a few months ago and decided to try them.. My sis was supposed to be baking them for a friend of hers as a birthday 'cake', but she was too busy during that period.. Since I was in the mood for some baking, I decided to do do it.. :)

Cupcake mix from Tesco.. vanilla, not a flavor I would normally use or choose..

Just need water, oil and eggs... simple enough.. :p

After mixing and baking them, here they are... plain vanilla cupcakes..

As they looked kinda 'boring' and 'naked', I decided to make some icing or glaze... went online to search for a simple recipe.. and found a very simple one.. just require 1 cup of castor sugar, 1 tbsp of butter and some hot water.. I added some food coloring to "brighten" up it.. :p

Here, I present to you my first 'attempt'... pink cupcakes!! :) :) :)

As for its tastiness, well, I think I over-mixed the mixture, so it was not fluffy enough and a little tough but the pink glaze was sweet and creamy (because of the butter).. :)  Frankly I really would want to make cupcakes from scratch one of these days, instead of using these ready-made mix..

Anyway, I still have a pack of muffin mix to bake.. so stay-tune.. :p

No comments: