Jul 27, 2011

tv (drama) addict

You should know by now I am a TV (drama) addict.. :p with sooooo much time in hand, I tend to watch any drama that caught my attention.. So let me give you an update of the series I am following this summer..

The Big C (currently season 2)
What's it about: A middle-age mum who suddenly found out that she has stage IV (aka terminal stage) melanoma (aka skin cancer) but decided not to tell her family.. As she grapples with her imminent death, she finds herself living her life more expressively and boldly.. 

This show hits very close to my heart, especially when I had to face the fears of having operation to take out the tumor.. Although the operation was a success and I should have an almost full recovery, the pricelessness of health and the mantra of "Living Life to the Fullest" resonated within me like never before..  Just like the female lead of the show, I'm gonna to "grab life by the balls".. :)


Falling Skies (currently season 1)
What's it about: Aliens came and took over the world, leaving isolate groups of humans fighting to stay alive. It tells the story of how a small group of mismatch ragtag team fights to survive and maybe even strike back at the extraterrestrials. 

Maybe it is just another 'take' on the old formula of 'alien-invade-human-strikes-back', but so far the show seemed promising.. so far it seemed realistic and believable to me, but it is still too soon to tell if I am going to stick to it or suffer the fate of V..


True Blood (currently season 4)
What's it about: In this season, witches were added to the bunch of supernatural beings (vampires, shape shifters, werewolves, were-panthers and faeries) appearing in the show.. 

Just dig the notion that there are supernatural beings among us.. :p Have always been fascinated by vampires, faeries, werewolves, etc. and their portrayal in the show kinda fits what I had imagined..  And I kept watching the show cos it is darker, edgier and definitely more adult-rated than most vampire-related shows/dramas..


Pretty Little Liars (currently season 2)
What's it about: Four teenage girls brought together by the unexplained death of their group 'leader', each with her own skeletons in the closet.. They have to juggle between the 'usual' teenage angst, relationship issues and a mysterious character, A, who threatens to expose their secrets..

Been a while since I last followed a show about teenagers.. this show has enough juiciness, bitchiness and intrigue to keep me wondering what 'A' wants..



On top of the above mentioned dramas, I am also following Drop Dead Diva (currently season 3, show is kinda getting nowhere), Covert Affairs (currently season 2, plot is getting thinner and it is no longer enough just having a pretty lead), Masterchef Australia (currently season 3, special guest judges are getting more special! :) ) and Rizzoli & Isles (currently season 2, loving the chemistry between the leads :) )..

And I am waiting for the return of Dexter (season 6), Glee (season 3), Fringe (season 4), Castle (season 4), The Killing (season 2), Game of Thrones (season 2), Nikita (season 2), Lost Girl (season 2), Grey's Anatomy (season 8), House (season 8), Survivor (season 23) and The Amazing Race (season 19)..

Ahhh... so many shows, so little time... :p 

No comments: