Nov 11, 2008

Fruits..

This being autumn, where most crops are being harvested before the winter arrives, a lot of fruits are available in the supermarket.. Had been wanted to try some of the fruits here, but their high prices are preventing me from indulging myself..

However, I bought some pears from the supermarket a few days ago..

These pears, bigger than the size of my fists, were on sale.. it usually cost 150yen for ONE pear.. so in a way, this was a bargain.. :) They are really really very sweet and juicy..

Next was apples.. here the apples are bigger than the size of my fist.. sometimes even bigger than my 2 hands!! again, they are expensive.. about 160yen per piece.. again, I would only buy them if they are on sale, like this one which cost 98yen a piece.. :)


Looking forward to December when mandarin oranges are available.. they are a very good source of Vitamin C and fiber for me.. :) :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Phaik Imm - Are these fruits expensive because they are imported? Sounds so pitiful that you can only eat fruits when they are on discount!

Imm said...

Well, everything in Japan is expensive, even if it is produced locally.. those pears are local products.. thus can u imagine the price for imported fruits???!!! A soccer-sized watermelon cost about 1000yen (less than USD$10).. a small durian cost at least 2000yen (less than USD$20)...