Nov 22, 2008

Poems... VIII

Tributes to all my dearest friends...

A Special Friend by Faye Diane Kilday
Everyone needs a special friend
To help them on their way,
To pick them up when they are down,
To guide them when they stray.

To share a chat and cup of tea,
To work out hard decisions,
To lend a hand with household
chores and help them achieve
their ambitions.

A special friend is someone sincere,
Through good times and bad they
will always be near.
And if you have a special friend,
Be sure to treat them kind,
For in today's hard times of strife
they're a rare and valuable find!

-------------------------------------------
Gratitude by Lucy Maud Montgomery
I thank thee, friend, for the beautiful thought
That in words well chosen thou gavest to me,
Deep in the life of my soul it has wrought
With its own rare essence to ever imbue me,
To gleam like a star over devious ways,
To bloom like a flower on the drearest days­
Better such gift from thee to me
Than gold of the hills or pearls of the sea.

For the luster of jewels and gold may depart,
And they have in them no life of the giver,
But this gracious gift from thy heart to my heart
Shall witness to me of thy love forever;
Yea, it shall always abide with me
As a part of my immortality;
For a beautiful thought is a thing divine,
So I thank thee, oh, friend, for this gift of thine.

-------------------------------------------
It's Good To Have a Friend Like You! by Faye Diane Kilday
It's good to have a friend like you,
Whose friendship is sincere and true!
Someone to lend a helping hand,
To care for me and understand.

When I am feeling sad and blue,
It's good to have a friend like you,
To help me sort my troubles out,
And clear my mind of fear and doubt.

It's good to have a friend like you,
Just thinking of the things we do,
Sharing secrets, cups of tea...
Life is good when you're with me!

Fun loving, kind, sincere and true,
These words describe a friend...
like you!

No comments: