Dec 31, 2008

Count down?

I am of two minds..

Should I go to countdown with a group of Malaysians tomorrow night at Meiji-jingu or should I just stay in my room??

Never a people person, tomorrow's countdown program will definitely test my limit of "enduring" crowds.. Heard that for last year's New Year countdown, there are more than 3 million people within the vicinity of Harajuku and Meiji-jingu.. :o :o and a friend of mine queued more than 3 hours last New Year just to get into the shrine to pray and throw a coin for good luck... :o :o :o

1st of January is a big thing for Japanese and many would go out for the countdown celebration all over Tokyo/Japan.. It has been forecast that it will be very windy tomorrow night (wind at about 6-9m/s)... imagine the wind howling, the noise of thousands of people talking, the awkward silence among people who don't quite know each other, the long hours of queuing (aka standing), and not to mention the coldness... if it wasn't the fact that this might be my last New Year in Japan, I wouldn't even entertain the idea of freezing my ass off just so that I could "celebrate" the coming of a New Year with a bunch of strangers (or acquaintances)..

So I am undecided... should I?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So what is your decision?
Did you go?

Happy new year to you.

Christy