Dec 24, 2008

Tsukiji Fish Market

Went to the famous fish market in Tokyo, the Tsukiji Fish Market last Saturday..

Left my dorm with a couple of my fellow Malaysians before 5am in the morning. We caught the 2nd train of the day to town. We reached our destination before 6am.. :)

First we went to the outside market, through rows of shop houses selling things from dried provisions to dried fishes, fish cakes, etc, etc.. There are logs of stalls with a few chairs selling ramen, udon, don (rice bowl) and other types of food.. The place was already busting with activities.. We came across quite a number of sushi restaurants too.. :)

Then we went into the actual fish market. And what an eye opener that was!! :) Here are some of the photos taken there..





Although there are more interesting sights to be seen, and I would love to slowly explore the market more thoroughly, my companions wanted to leave for their sushi breakfast.. thus I had no choice but to vow to come back again and continue my exploration some other day.. Thus we left after spending less than 30 minutes in the market to get their sushi fix..

We went to a nearby sushi restaurant.. Some of us tried the most expensive sushi set that they have, which cost 3,150yen!! Well, just for this once.. :p


But truthfully, I can't really taste the differences.. and some of it doesn't quite agree with me too.. I think I shall stick to just raw fishes, like tuna, salmon and etc.. no shell fishes nor other parts of the fish..

I will definitely go there again to walk around the stalls and explore the place more thoroughly.. :)

More photos here!!

No comments: