Dec 31, 2008

Looking back.. II

I stayed home, instead of going to the countdown at Meiji-jingu.. Between the comfort of my warm room and the hassle of the queuing in the cold winter night, I succumbed to comfort.. :)

So here I am, in my room watching season 1 of House MD during most of the day time.. stopped at episode 14 about 2 hours ago to write my diary.. lots to write.. ;) with a drink of Ume (Plum) liquor on the rock beside me, I am reviewing my last year's New Year resolution..

Last year I listed 7 things that I wanna do in 2008, and I don't think I did a good job keeping them.. (See here) Stayed healthy during 2008 (compared to 2007) and lost about 3 kgs.. Didn't really make much progress in my Japanese.. only visited Kyoto, Osaka, Nara, Nikko and Mt Takao.. Didn't go to HK, Macau, Taiwan or any other country.. Didn't keep/update/refresh my professional and technical knowledge at all.. in fact, I suspect that I might be even losing my ability to think rationally with all these Masters classes that I am taking.. Been quite open and stay truthful to my believes, feelings and myself, I think.. And I did grow, spiritually and mentally.. with lots of movies, tv shows and facebooking.. :x

So this year, I shall try to be more specific with my New Year's resolutions, so here they are the same 7, in no specific order:
  • Stay healthy and lose more weight => getting sick less than once every month and getting my weight down 5 more kilos
  • Master Japanese => Clear JLPT 1 and able to carry a simple decent conversation
  • Explore Japan more => Visit Kyushu, Shikoku and Hokkaido, and visit a place within Tokyo twice a month during my last semester
  • Travel to neighboring countries => Hong Kong and Macau at least, any other cities would be a bonus
  • Continue growing - spiritually and mentally => Read at least 40 books within the year
  • Keep/Update/Refresh my professional and technical knowledge
  • Be open and stay truthful to my believes, feelings and myself..

Again, shall not put "making new/more friends" as my resolution, cos I know I will not be able to keep them.. Just not in my system to be making friends with everyone I met.. I chose my friends carefully, just as they will choose me.. so it gotta be mutual, no? Also I don't want to waste my time faking friendliness with people I can't stand or just plain dislike.. Life is too short for such niceties..

2009 shall be a year full of changes for me, I do foresee that.. I shall be graduating in Aug 2009.. and there after, I shall start working.. yet, I have no idea where and as what.. in Japan? maybe.. in Singapore? maybe.. any city in the world is a possibility.. although with my change-adverseness, going back to Singapore seems like a more attractive option.. yet, who knows?!

Regardless of what the new year might bring us, Happy New Year everyone!! Have a blessed and fruitful 2009!!

No comments: