Dec 17, 2008

A Good day..

Had a good day yesterday.. :)

Although I did skipped 1 class in the morning.. Couldn't really wake up with the cold weather.. one just doesn't want to get up early for the 9am class.. :p After the 2nd lesson (one of my 3 Masters classes for this semester), I was to meet up with one of the 2 Japanese 1A classmates, Alex, for lunch.. As usual, we went to a curry restaurant.. ;) since only those restaurants have tables for us to sit and chat.. Most of the other Japanese food restaurants, at least those cheap ones, do not have any tables.. just counters which "encourages" higher customer turn-over by "making them uncomfortable" to stay in the room for too long.. Anyway, we chatted for more than an hour.. catching up with the stuff that had happened so far.. that includes sharing interesting "stories" about our encounters with the locals.. :p

After the lunch, I went to the H.I.S. office in Takadanobaba to get my plane ticket to go home for CNY next year.. I will be arriving in KL on the 25th and returning from Penang on the 22 Feb.. Boy, are the tickets expensive!!! This time round, it will cost me 106,000yen!!! which is about SGD1,800 or more than RM$4,000!!! To think that the yen is appreciating and the oil prices dropping these few months.. :( :( But luckily, I don't have to pay for the tickets yet as there will be an adjustment for all the surcharges in January.. The lady servicing me told me to go back to them after that date to get a revised amount, which would be much cheaper than what was quoted.. Well, only in Japan that the companies would ask their customers to delay payment because of possible downward price adjustment... :)

Then I went to the Central Library to get some books.. :) Since the winter holidays is starting very soon, I hope to read more books and be more productive, instead of just watching movies/tv series/anime only... Plenty of tasks planned for that 2 weeks break.. just hope I can get the most important reports over and done with asap.. So many (non-school related but fun) things to do.. so little time... :p :p

The last appointment of the day was with 2 of my Japanese grammar classmates from Taiwan.. We went to a Korean restaurant within the school's vicinity.. We ate and chatted.. Those two were much younger than my sister!! and I really do feel my age.. sometime I just wonder if I am acting my age since I kept hanging around with people who are younger than me.. ranging from a couple of years younger to almost 10 years younger.. unbelievable.. :p :p Unexpectedly, they surprised me with a early BD present.. :) :) Thank you!! Xiao Lan and Kyu-san.. :) It was fun hanging around with them.. we usually just meet during class and chatted a bit in between lessons.. so it was fun to get to know them better.. although they are really really very young.. both would be going back to Taiwan.. one to work, while the other to do her Masters.. but at least in future I would have friends in Taiwan to bring me around, if I want to.. ;) :p

So am I right to rate yesterday as one of the good days?? :)

No comments: