Dec 15, 2008

Ten Yen for your thought..

Which would you prefer to be? A tree in the tropics or a tree in the temperate climate?

One would be green and flourishing whole year round, while the other would go through 4 seasons in a year..

Personally, I would choose to be a tree that has to go through different seasons annually.. I would want to have a chance to bloom differently every year... :P Maybe this year I didn't do a good job in growing my leaves nicely.. maybe my branches didn't stretch as high up as I liked.. or I don't like the way I "looked" overall.. :P :P so with the arrival of autumn and winter, my slate would be wiped clean, I can "experiment" and grow in different ways each year.. :P :P Since I won't be going anywhere (as I am stuck to my roots as a tree!! ;) ), the only things that I can "improve on" is my growing of branches and leaves...

I would want my leaves to turn in shades of orange, red and brown during the autumn.. to attract people to appreciate my "handiwork".. then I would "reflect" on the previous year during winter.. when spring comes I will blossom and bloom.. coming alive slowly but surely.. and in summer, I will be in my best, showing off the "work" I have done so far, including the hibernating and contemplating stages that I will be going through again when autumn and winter comes next... And the cycle continues.. year after year...

So which would you rather be?? A tree in the tropics or a tree in the temperate climate?

No comments: