Feb 5, 2009

Last day of the Semester

Had great fun the last day of my semester before coming back to Malaysia.. Fridays were never my favorite day of the week since I came to Japan.. Why? Because Friday is the day for my lab's seminar session and my Japanese grammar classes.. One is highly stressful while the other is a waste of my time.. (I think you should know which is which by now.. :p) But the last Friday of this semester, I was having a great time!!

We got back the results of our grammar exam.. I can only say that I scored more than 50%, but not much higher.. but I am not complaining.. considering the time that I spend revising, I would say that I deserved what I get.. After going through the exam paper, we had a small party.. a "final" get-to-know session.. which I couldn't really be bothered with.. as I know that I won't be crossing paths with most of them after this semester's class.. But this being Japan, I still have to be "nice" and appear interested in what the rest of my classmates are doing.. So as we eat we have to do a self introduction..

Majority in the class are Koreans, followed by Chinese. There are representatives from Taiwan, Australia, Argentina, Thailand and the US. Luckily, the irritating arrogant American wasn't around.. else the session would be torturous..

One interesting trivial is that our Sensei is a qualified chemist and nutritionist, but decided to teach instead.. Here she is.. Next to her is my classmate from Taiwan.. same age as my Sis.. The other Taiwanese classmate is a Tiger like me, which meant that she is 12 years younger than me!!! And yes, I think I am the oldest in the class, although not many realized it.. ;)

After the first class, we had the second Japanese grammar class.. again, the Sensei returned our papers for the exam taken the week before.. again, I passed but my result was barely satisfactory, yet I couldn't care less.. :p we went through the paper and took note of the mistakes we made.. then it was party time again! This time, we were to merge to the other grammar class and have a "tea-party"..

Some of the cakes we had..


The cakes tasted as good as they looked.. however, we had way too much food during the first party session, we couldn't eat as much cake as we had wanted.. :(

This was my Sensei for the second grammar class.. The two Taiwanese girls liked to tease him and see him blushed during lessons.. One thing is for sure, it is rare to have male Japanese Sensei, at least in my university..

After the party, we went for a karaoke!! The girls asked another Taiwanese guy from the second class to come along, so the four of us went to a karaoke near to the train station.. We sang for almost 2 and a half hours.. had lots of fun singing with them as compared to any other karaoke sessions that I had the last two years in Japan.. maybe it was because we knew and sang the same sets of songs.


We left the place slightly after 5.30pm... Just in time for me to walk back to my lab for my weekly seminar.. Even the monotonous presentations during the seminar would not damper my good mood.. ;)

No comments: