Feb 27, 2009

Memorable quotes... X

Quotable quotes from Jane Austen...

I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them.

My idea of good company is the company of clever, well-informed people who have a great deal of conversation; that is what I call good company.

Business, you know, may bring you money, but friendship hardly ever does.

Those who do not complain are never pitied.

Friendship is certainly the finest balm for the pangs of disappointed love.

I have been a selfish being all my life, in practice, though not in principle.

There are people, who the more you do for them, the less they will do for themselves.

Happiness in marriage is entirely a matter of chance.

Surprises are foolish things.
The pleasure is not enhanced, and the inconvenience is often considerable.


There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.

No comments: