Feb 12, 2009

Singapore: Day Six (10 Feb)

Yet another day with the kids.. :)

We arranged to meet at Jurong East to go to IMM (a shopping center that seemed to be named after me.. :p ) for breakfast.. Voone's mum joined us too.. Rio was still sleepy while Cody was very excited to see me.. :)

We went to Kopitiam for breakfast.. the kids were attracting a lot of attention.. cos they are just adorable.. :) Even the workers there helped to watch over them when they went running around the place.. Here is a picture of them enjoying one of those kids ride...



Then we went to the Garden Playground to let the kids play and allow Voone and I to catch up further, since we couldn't find time the day before at the zoo.. There were several kids at the playground too, but none as un-worried as Voone.. The kids were allowed freedom to play and fall.. and surprising (at least to me), the kids could take care of themselves.. neither crying nor injured.. Actually the kids are very well behaved.. Rio even gave me a flower that he picked up.. :)



Here is a sequence of photos taken when Rio was playing with another toddler.. He was so patient and nice, as he didn't retaliate when the toddler pulled and tugged at his shirt..
"Oh No! She is approaching!! How? How? Need to act cool... Smile.. Smile.."

"Argh... She is getting physical... Must not grimace..."

"She is pulling at my favorite t'shirt!!!! Must not get angry.. Stay cool.. Deep breath...."

"Whew! I survived... need time to calm down.."

Had a great time hanging around the kids and talking to Voone and her mum.. As I had another appointment in the evening, we parted around 4pm.. It will be another year before I could see them again.. :(

My next appointment was to visit an ex-colleague who has a 11-month old baby boy.. :) Another ex-colleague and I went to her place at Queenstown.. Again, more catching up while having KFC home-delivery! Didn't stay for long.. left about 2 hours later..

No comments: