Feb 15, 2009

Singapore: Day Seven (11 Feb)

Today I was to meet up with one of my secondary school mate, June, for lunch.. We even became housemates for more than 5 years, before she got married and moved out.. So in a way, we knew each other for almost 20 years!! Unbelievable..

We arranged to meet at Bishan Community Centre.. As I was early so I went to the Bishan Library.. Oh, how I missed the libraries of Singapore... There are so many books of different genres available that one is spoiled for choices.. Too bad I can't borrow any of them right now... Wait till this coming Aug.. Then I can borrow to my heart's content.. :p

By the time we met up and ordered, it was almost 3pm.. Then we chatted and talked.. She told me about her new job and some investment stuff which sounded pretty interesting.. Having old friends around is undoubtedly one of the best things in life.. Not to say that new friends are unnecessary, but sometimes the comfort of not having to worry about being misunderstood or the need to be on one's best behavior is very tiring..

After the meeting with an old friend, my next appointment is to visit my grandaunt, together with my uncle and aunt who was transiting Singapore on their way back to NZ.. It has been a very long time, at least 8 years or more, since I last visited my grandaunt.. being one who is kinda anti-social.. :p Grandaunt and granduncle talked a lot about old times, about how her mother's (which is my great-grandmother) feet was bounded and couldn't work the fields, how poor they were, etc.. It was interesting to be hearing all these old stories from the both of them.. Both of them seemed very healthy for their age..

So today was spend catching with old friend and relatives... :)

No comments: