Feb 8, 2009

Singapore: Day Two (06 Feb)

Woke up around 8am.. even before my alarm clock rang.. :) Washed up and was just chilling in my room..

There were two activities lined up for today.. Meeting with my ex-boss to talk about the possibility of my rejoining the company and a dinner appointment with my ex-colleagues from that company.. Was waiting for my ex-boss to confirm the venue of our meeting.. finally her email came and off I went to meet up..

We were to meet up at a cafe near my old work place.. There were some significant changes to the place with more shops opened and more human traffic around.. We chatted about weight-lost and my life/experience in Japan before going into the main agenda of our meeting.. Count my unlucky star, she told me that she just got a new directive from the company's top management to freeze all hiring for the company to realign and restructure that department.. thus the head-count that she had can't be used until this 'exercise' is over, which would be in a month or so.. I won't deny that I was disappointed, but somehow before the meeting I already had a hunch that things won't go so smoothly.. it was my gut feel.. anyway, I still have about 5 more months to go before I can actually start working anywhere, so I would just have to start looking elsewhere too..

She also told me about the changes the company, the department and her section had gone through these past 2 years.. The technical requirements for her staff remain the same, but the processes, procedures and service targets had changed tremendously. The team used to be outsourced, but now everything has been moved back in-house. The department had underwent several restructuring and reorganizing, which had seen many leaving and joining.. She took me back to the office to visit.. saw more new faces than old familiar faces in the office.. most of them asked me when I will be rejoining them.. I can only smile and let my ex-boss reply their questions..

Left the office within 30 minutes..

Next scheduled appointment was at 6:30pm.. but many wont be turning up due to one reason or another.. In the end, it was only 2 ex-colleagues who turned up at the newly agreed contract. We went to a Chinese restaurant in Suntec City.. I ordered fried beef kway tiao (dried).. After dinner, we proceed to a Japanese restaurant for its dessert, ice-creams!! :) Again, it was so satisfying..

Then I went back.. reaching around 10:30pm..

That's the end of Day TWO of my Singapore tour... :)

1 comment:

蝋燭の芯 said...

Hi I have just left forJapan this morning.Wish you Xuan Xiao jie kuai le.

Sign!very bad environment in Spo, I find it's not a good timing to go back during this period.

There is another option.May be u can considered to take up further study til PHD if you were a MEXT scholar.

See you soon.