Aug 9, 2011

happy birthday, my 2nd home!

Today is Singapore's national day.. :) Happy birthday!!

Did a fun wacky quiz last week.. and found myself to be 63% Singaporean.. :p
(you can try the app on FB at http://iamsingaporean.sg)

Well, I don't deny it.. I used to feel more at home over there than here.. if given a choice and call me unpatriotic if you must, I would choose the Lion City over Bolehland..but things have changed these past few years.. even the Little Red Dot no longer satisfy what I seek in a permanent 'living-to-grow-old' place..

Now, I don't feel at ease anymore as the country seemed to be 'overran' by China Chinese, Filipinos and India Indians.. It seemed hard to 'find' REAL Singaporean.. one who speak Singlish, who die die must order from the longest queue at the food court, who can laugh at Phua Chu Kang's jokes, who like to talk cock and lodge complaints, who drop acronyms like words (TPE, CPIB, MOE, etc) and many more idiosyncrasies that I've grown to love..

It is hard to accept some things that you used to love, like or familiar with are no longer the same.. and it is even harder to let go of them and look elsewhere.. still, that is what I am gonna do.. who knows, I might find something better or decide that the old one is still the best..

No comments: