Aug 19, 2011

surgical voyage: 5th week update

Life has indeed gone back to normal.. almost... around 95%..

The scars no longer hurt, unless I do strenuous exercise or lift heavy objects (I did both, that's why I know they WILL cause pain :( ).. My right ear no longer feels like a fake prosthetic but some stiffness remain..

I can eat anything I want now, but I still refrain from having too much seafood.. Carl's Jr burgers or Subway sandwiches no longer pose a problem for me.. :p

Now I can sleep on my right side and turn my head completely to the right.. :) I can feel the tightness (of the muscles/scars) when I do that but nothing I can't handle..

Nonetheless, I will continue to keep that (operated) area clean and dry.. I will continue to apply the antiseptic gel given to prevent infection after shower.. and I will continue to take the prescribed Vit. B complex pills to facilitate the recovery of my facial nerve..

Also, I will be looking for scar removal cream when I get to Taiwan.. although very seldom do people notice my scars unless I mentioned it... Frankly, I do think that the scars kinda gave me a "bad-ass" persona.... hahahaha...  :p 

No comments: