Aug 17, 2011

prep for Taiwan..

Will be leaving for Taiwan 24th of this month.. :)

Since I've not written much about this plan of mine, I shall tell you more in this post..

Through The University Entrance Committee for Overseas Chinese Students, I've been accepted into the PhD program in Department of Management Science, Tamkang University.. and I finally received my acceptance letter from the University 2 weeks ago.. Registration is on Sept 1st, while school starts Sept 5..

Went to KL to submit my Visa application early this month.. shall go to KL again to collect it this coming Friday.. I will be flying off to Taipei from Penang instead as I don't want my parents to drive all the way to/fro KL just to see me off..


Once there, I will stay with my senior first before looking for an apartment near the University.. As usual, I will have to get a mobile phone and open a bank account too..

As I didn't manage to get any scholarship this time, I will need to look for a part-time or freelance job to support myself. It will be an addition to the current freelance translation jobs that I have right now.. Once my timetable is known, I will have a better idea what kind of temp/part-time jobs I can do..

So there you have it.. my next destination - Taipei, Taiwan.. I will be there for at least 3 years, although I think it will most probably be 4 or more years.. and I refuse to make any prediction where I will be after this as life is so capricious.. 

No comments: