Aug 22, 2011

whirlwind 28hrs

Went to KL to collect my visa last Friday.. it was a crazy 28 hrs.. :)

rows of curtains.. upper and lower berths..
Took a night train to KL.. boarded to the train at 1:10am.. instead of the normal seats, I paid MYR$40 for a lower sleeping berth..

The entire cabin has 40 berths, with curtains to provide privacy.. those sleeping on the top berths will need to use the metal ladders (shown in the foreground of the photo) to go up.. they were slightly narrower than the lower berths.. The lights were never switch off, so it is kinda safe..





I was able to catch some close eyes as the shaking and rocking of the train was like a baby rocker, rhythmically rocking me to sleep.. :)

my lower berth.. came with a pillow and a thin bed sheet cover
Reached KL Sentral before 7am... Took a train on the KL Transit Line to Bandar Tasik Selatan station (for MYR$4.20) and changed to the Ampang Line to Sri Petaling station.. waited for slightly more than an hour there for my aunt to pick me up at 8:30am..

We went to a open-air market to get some groceries for lunch and dinner.. reach her house before 9:30am.. bath and freshen up a bit.. then I helped her with some prep for our lunch and continue chit-chatting till 1:30pm.. Cooked and had our lunch around 2pm..

Took a quick bath and my aunt then sent me to Sri Petaling station to catch the train to town.. Took the train to Hang Tuah station, then change to the KL Monorail Line to get to Bukit Bintang station.. Once there, I had to walk about 15 minutes to get to Menara Yayasan Tun Razak to collect my visa.. it was a fairly quick and straightforward collection process..

Bandar Tasik Selatan station..
One last business of the day -> food time!! I had made a dinner appointment with one of my ex-housemates from Japan.. :)  Since she works in Putrajaya, I took the train from Bukit Bintang station to Hang Tuah station to Bandar Tasik Selatan station and then changed to KL Transit Line to get to Putrajaya station..

My dear friend came to pick me up at the station and we went to a nice posh restaurant in Alamanda for buka puasa.. :) she just got married recently, and although I did attend her wedding, I didn't get to talk much with her.. so this provided the perfect opportunity to talk and have good food.. :)

We had a great time catching up.. we shared whatever news that we had of our friends, including those who are still in Japan.. we talked about work (or rather she did).. we also lamented about how friends drifted apart.. how some friends seemed unwilling to put in effort to keep in touch.. how some friends continued being annoying even when we rarely see each other.. how our lives have changed since coming back from Japan.. etc. etc. etc..

We gossiped, joked, commiserated, laughed and shared.. It would have been perfect if another housemate has turned up.. well, we can't have everything our ways, can we? We left the restaurant around 8:30pm.. window-shopped for a while till slightly after 9pm.. I had wanted to take the train to KL Sentral, but being a dear friend she is, she offered to drive me to KL Sentral to catch my 11pm train..

Thus, we continued our chatting in the car on the way to the train station.. it was about an hours' drive.. the traffic was light at that time so we got there without much hassle..

Boarded the train 10 minutes before 11pm.. I was so tired that I slept (in my lower berth) almost immediately after the train departed from the station.. woke up around 4am as I was worried that I might overslept and miss my station.. I was overly worried.. in actual fact, the train conductor would come around informing (and waking up) those passengers when the train is approaching their station..

My sis came to pick me up.. so an hour later, I was sleeping comfortably on my own bed, catching up on my sleep..

Thus end my very fruitful KL trip... :) :)

No comments: