Aug 27, 2011

In Taiwan

My first post from Taipei.. :) Should have written this earlier, but couldn't find the motivation... cos seriously, nothing much to report for now.. but here's the summary..

24 Aug
Touched down Taoyuan International Airport around 10pm.. took around 20 min to clear custom.. waited for around the same time for my luggage.. didn't manage to get a pre-paid card cos the shop had closed.. took a bus to Taipei City Hall Station and walked to my friend's house.. went around hunting for public phone that could make international calls but didn't.. dropped a message in FB to my sis instead.. bought some food and drinks from the nearby convenient store.. finally settled in for the night around 2am..

25 Aug
Woke up many times during the night due to gastric pain.. went out in search of food around 10:30am.. had my first hot meal in 18 hours.. wanted to open a bank account with a local bank, but can't as I don't have the Alien Resident Certificate (ARC).. can't subscribe to a mobile phone either, not even a pre-paid card.. took out some cash using my SG bank ATM card.. bought a book after wondering around Eslite for more than an hour.. went home and just watch TV..

26 Aug
My scars hurts while my gastric pain comes and goes.. went out around 11am.. ate in Yoshinoya (kinda miss it after coming back from Japan).. drew some money using my MY bank ATM card.. didn't stay out much as it was freaking hot (it is summer after all).. surfed the Internet for more info about ARC, my Uni and my department, and of course looking at rental classified ads online.. made a mad dash to the National Immigration Agency and found out that I need a permanent address to get my ARC..

27 Aug
Having a mild diarrhea.. could be the mixed vegetable rice I had last night or my gastric is turning into a stomach flu... :(  it is a rainy and cloudy day.. going out to meet a friend later.. she offered to get me a pre-paid card so I can call up the landlords to arrange for viewing easily.. I think I will take the rest of the day off after that meeting..

No real concrete plan for the next few days, except to look for an apartment asap.. weather forecast doesn't look good.. expecting cloudy days and lots of rain next week.. 

So that's all from me for now.. I might write more when I find the mood.. :)

2 comments:

§nóflèk said...

hey babe! glad to hear you've arrived safely and are settling in, hope you're feeling better - make sure you get proper food at regular hours ya. i know gastric, its no fun. can't wait to hear more of your new adventures, envy you! :)

Imm said...

thanks..
haven't had a proper 3-meals since I got off the plane.. either my stomach has gotten used to a 2-meal-per-day routine or I'm numbed to the pain already..
think I'll slim down and be super fit very soon with all the walking and "dieting".. :)