Nov 26, 2009

Australia 2009: Day 00

As mentioned in my previous entry, I traveled via Air Asia X to Gold Coast.. and frankly, I don't recommend it.. why? Imagine being stuck for almost 8 hours in a seat smaller than any airlines that I have taken, seated next to a Caucasian (who was, luckily, around my size), no free flow of beverages, no blankets and other things you would want for long-haul flights..

My dad drove me to LCCT from Taiping on Tuesday.. Reached there around 12pm..
First time at LCCT. Felt messy and chaotic. Not enough signboards and too many people.. It felt more like a bus terminal than an airport. But again, I have never been to any other budget terminals so this might be the norm.

I had more than 7 hours to kill before my flight.. Walked around the LCCT many times.. before I sat down near my check-in counters to take a short nap..
Took my dinner at the Coffee Beans near the domestic arrival hall which was very disappointing.. before boarding at 9pm.. Lots of Caucasians, with some Asians among the passengers.. We had to walk to our plane, which was no big deal.. and we had to walk up the stairs to get into the plane.. and when I saw the seats, I knew immediately that this was going to be a looooong flight..
One thing I must give praise is that the food was good.. although the price is, as usual, inflated..

and the steward(esses) are better than MAS in terms of service attitude and overall impression.. Maybe it was because they had to persuade people to buy stuff from them..

Anyway, didn't really get any sleep on the flight.. even though I had bought their comfort kit..
Reached Gold Coast Coolangatta Airport around 7.15am.. but got stuck at the Immigration and Custom area.. There was a long queue at the Immigration as several budget flights arrived at the same time.. As this was my first visit to Australia, I was "interviewed" during Custom check and was required to have my luggage scanned, but everything was okay in the end.. :)

Met my friend immediately after I came out from the Custom.. Met up with my godson, but that shall be in my next blog entry.. :)

No comments: