Nov 28, 2009

Australia 2009: Day 01

Touched down at Coolangatta Airport around 7.15am.. by the time I cleared the Immigration and Custom, it was more than 1 hour later!! I met up with Voone immediately after I came out without having a look around the airport, which is under some renovation.. Dean then picked us up, with the kids.. He then drove us to the nearest beach, Capers Beach..
We then went back to the house.. and to the guest room that I am gonna stayed for the next 5 weeks..
After a short rest, off we go!! Dean drove us to Mt Tamborine... I was seated at the back, with the kids..
We went to get lunch at a bakery and then drove to a nearby playground to eat.. Then the kids went to play with their dad.. and the playground, of course..
Then we went to the Witches Chase Cheese Co, to get cheese! (what else.. :p ) and some ice-cream..
Next up was a visit to the many wine cellar in the area.. Since I wasn't much of a wine drinker, I went out to see the vineyard..
After that we went to Tamborine National Park and walked about 15 minutes to Curtis Fall.. however, this being summer, there wasn't much water to be seen.. what a sad looking waterfall..
We all went back home and had pizza for dinner!! :)

Tomorrow will be a challenge, as I am to babysit my godson from 8am to 5pm, alone.. as Dean is flying off to LA for work, Voone has to attend a class while Cody (the eldest) is going to childcare..

No comments: