Nov 13, 2009

Biopsy (Updates)

Went to get my stitches taken out.. And gotten the result of my biopsy too..

The biopsy result stated, "Section reveals thick fibrocollagenous tissue, adipose tissue and a few nerve fibers. No evidence of acute inflammation, No evidence of a lymph node. No evidence of malignancy." So it is not malignant.. :) :) Whew!! With two of my uncles and one of my cousins suffering and then died of cancer, I just couldn't take the chance of not knowing..

According to my sister, because the doctor didn't do a FNA but just surface biopsy, meaning he didn't cut deep enough into the lump and the tissue submitted was just some tissue covering the lymph node. She also mentioned that if the lump was malignant, even the surface tissue covering the lymph node would normally be malignant too and it would have shown on the test.. So I am okay, sorta.. Even though this meant that there is no urgency to get it out, I do want to have it remove as soon as possible.. Because, even though it is not "bad" now, there is always a possibility of it turning bad someday, which I don't want to risk.. So one more reason to go back to Singapore.. :p

One week of "cannot wash hair and face properly without covering the operated area with adhesive bandages" was well-worth it.. Having to endure almost 40 hours without washing my hair was one of the things that I hated.. I suffered no pain after the operation (maybe due to my high pain threshold.. :p) thus I didn't take any of the pain killers prescribed.. After taking out the stitches, I could barely make out the incision, all thanks to my good skin and healing ability.. :)

Anyway, it is another big stone off my chest..for now..

No comments: