Nov 30, 2009

Australia 2009: Day 02

Today I am taking on my first babysitting assignment.. Caring for my godson, Rio from 8am to 5pm as Dean has to go to work (flying on Qantas as steward to LA), Voone needs to go for her childcare course and Cody is attending childcare..

Rio came knocking on my door around 6:30am.. As Voone was preparing breakfast and Dean went jogging on the treadmill, we played ball in the kitchen.. :) Kicking and rolling the ball to each other..

Once everyone left the house, it was just the two of us.. and we played with Thomas the Tank Engine..
After playing, Rio was a very good boy, as he picked up his toy and kept them away.. :)


Rio was "obsessed" with a toy that sings "Jingle Bells".. he would hum along with it.. So I managed to get him to wear a Santa's hat and record this.. :)

Then we played toy insects, balls and rocking horse.. Gave him some grapes.. and fed him a ham & cheese and a peanut butter wholemeal sandwich.. he took a 2-hour nap during which I did my translation.. I read about 10 books to him.. :) changed his diaper and wiped his poo.. played horse riding on my knees.. played finger puppets..Entertained him thoroughly.. :)

No bad for a first time babysitter.. :) Looking forward to more play time with little Rio in these few weeks..

2 comments:

§nóflèk said...

rio is still as cute as ever! was amused seeing the first clip where he was cleaning up his toys - he seemed to be "throwing" them rather than "keeping" them, but of course he's just so young and yet already so responsible :)

Imm said...

cos he knows that those wont break.. :p and he also knows that if he doesnt keep them, mummy is going to throw them away.. :p :p