Nov 18, 2009

Western Japan 2009: Traveling

Spent a bomb on transportation during my 15-days trip to Western Japan, because I took Shinkansen between cities.. I am surprised to hear myself say this, but I didn't want to subject myself to a fixed schedule.. a free-seating ticket on the Shinkansen gave me the flexibility to stay in a city as long/short as I like, depending on the things I could do/see there..

Here is the rough breakdown of my transportation expenses... Shinkansen prices stated are after student discount (学割)..

From Tokyo to Kagoshima (by flight) - ¥9,400
From Kagoshima to Nagasaki - ¥10,050
From Nagasaki to Kumamoto - ¥5,900
From Kumamoto to Hiroshima - ¥9,370
From Hiroshima to Matsuyama (by ferry) - ¥2,800
From Matsuyama to Okayama - ¥5,350
To & fro to Himeiji Castle - ¥6,300
From Okayama to Shin Osaka - ¥4,760
From Shin Osaka to Tokyo - ¥11,530

And I have yet to include the transportation costs of traveling within the cities to various tourist attractions.. But again, I think all these are well-spent as I don't think I will not be visiting these cities ever again.. at least not with my OWN money.. :p

More photos of transports taken during the trip..

No comments: