Nov 23, 2009

Last destination 2009: Australia

Around this time tomorrow night, I should be on board the Air Asia X plane heading towards Gold Coast, Australia.. And it shall be my last trip for the year.. :)

Booked the ticket to Gold Coast end of Aug (MYR$437), while I secured the ticket back to Malaysia only early this month (AUD$594).. I had wanted to stay longer than just the 5 weeks (Nov 24 - Dec 30).. had wanted to stay over the New Year too, but unfortunately, Yvoone - the friend that I am bunking over with in Brisbane, is going on her own family trip during the New Year period..

Just wanna go somewhere for my birthday, for once.. Never been to anywhere to celebrate my birthday.. had always stayed home, wherever home is/was.. plus the fact that my birthday falls so close to Christmas, it was always difficult to take long leaves of absence from work.. not to mention that it is THE peak period for traveling too, with everything from air tickets to hotel accommodations costing at least double or even triple than usual.. But this time round, I decided to treat myself to a nice and memorable birthday present..

By being out of the country and away from the mundaneness of everyday life, I hope to straighten out my thoughts, free myself of some emotional baggage, gain some clarity and perspectives, and be in a better position to make the right decisions pertaining my future. Of course, all these will be done on top of my main objective of spending some quality time with my godson, Rio.. :) Can't wait to see him and his elder brother, Cody.. :) :) :)

Australia, here I come!!

No comments: