Mar 28, 2009

Taiwan: Day Five (15 Mar)

The itinerary for the day was to go hiking at 阳明山 with Sharon and Kelvin. We weren't gonna do some serious hiking, just going up an easy hiking trail to enjoy the greenery that 阳明山 had to offer..

Met up with Kelvin at 芝山站, then we went to fetch Sharon at her place nearby before driving up 阳明山.. We stopped by a temple along the way, 慈悟寺. The scenery from the temple was beautiful... Some photos of the temple..




Then we reached our starting point.. Kelvin just parked his car along the road and off we go! :) Sharon chose one of the easier hiking trails, 绢丝瀑布步道.. Some photos along the way..





We didn't stop at the waterfall, instead we continued hiking to 擊天岗.. The place was beautiful.. plenty of space for picnics and even kite flying!! The wind was strong, but the sun was out, so not that cold.. Many who had hiked up took a rest there.. just sitting down on the grass, with some even lying down on their back, staring up to the clear blue sky..




The hike back down was much faster.. Then we went to a famous local restaurant which was jam-packed with people.. We waited for 30 minutes for seats and then another 15 minutes for food.. Yet all the waiting was worth it.. The food was simply DELICIOUS!!! (More on food in another blog entry later)

After lunch, we went for a walk at the calla lily (海芋) fields next to the restaurant.. Again, took more photos.. :)




Kelvin and Sharon then dropped me off at one of the train station where I took the train to 市政府站. Unable to find the shutter bus stop, I decided to walk to Taipei 101.. It was pretty easy locating it.. just walk towards it.. :p

Went up to 5th floor to take the world fastest lift up to the top of Taipei 101.. not before stashing my backpack in one of the lockers provided and also paying NT$400 (around ¥1,200/SGD$18).. Again, one can't missed the presence of those (noisy/annoying) tourists from MC..


Got a audio guide from the counter and started my own tour atop.. Took my own sweet time walking around and taking in the sight... I was fortunate to be there when the sun set.. A few nice photos.. :)





Left the place before 8pm.. on my way back to my hostel, I stumbled upon one of the famous 面线 stores in 西门町, 阿宗面线. Ordered myself a small bowl and stood on the street, like everyone else, and ate my 面线.. :) Again, it was delicious.. Came back early to pack my luggage as I would be leaving the next day..



Summary of what I ate for the day:
野菜,野苦瓜,芋糕,白切鸡,炸大肠,泡泡茶,阿宗面线


Click here for more photos of the day..
Same photos in Facebook..

No comments: