Mar 29, 2009

Taiwan: Day Six (16 Mar)

Last day in Taipei.. Really don't feel like leaving.. I liked it so much here... :(

Since my flight was 2:50pm, thus I need to reach the airport by 12:30pm.. so I have asked the hostel that I am staying to book me a bus to take me to the airport at 11am.. thus I have only time to go to nearby places in the morning.. still wanna make full use of my stay in Taipei.. :p

Was to meet another of my Taiwanese classmate in the morning.. she lived nearby.. so we arranged to meet at 9am.. but because I went to the wrong location, we almost didn't manage to meet up.. :p

We went to the President's Residence.. and took some photos from afar..





Then we walked around the 228 Memorial Park which was just a short walk away..



After this, we went to 永和 for breakfast.. I ordered 米浆 and 烧饼.. It was good.. :) Chrissy then accompanied me back to the hostel... Along the way, I bought 刈包 and 菠萝面包 for lunch at the airport later..

The journey to the airport took about 1 hour and cost me NT$140 (around ¥410/SGD$6.30) which was the cheapest fare I ever paid for a trip to an airport.. Again, because my flight was JAL, almost 90% of the passengers on board were Japanese..

And thus the end of my first solo overseas budget trip.. :) :p



Summary of what I ate for the day:
永和豆浆,米浆,烧饼,刈包,菠萝面包


Click here for more photos..
Same photos available in Facebook.

No comments: