Apr 23, 2009

Bucket List

There is a movie with the same name starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman.. The name of the movie was a reference to the things one of them had wanted to do before he "kick the bucket", so to speak..

Haven't really give the topic of "Death" much of a thought until lately.. it might have been triggered by the suicide of one of the main characters in one of my favorite US drama series recently.. No one likes to think about Death, and surely not one's own mortality.. but Death is the one thing that is inevitable, no matter who or what you are.. Thus rather than avoiding it, I would think that it is much healthier to face it and ponder upon it..

Having been alive for more than 34 years, I have accomplished some (I think) and I would love to do many more before I "expired".. Here is my initial (PG-13) bucket list that I could think of right now, in no particular order.. :p
  • Take an Alaskan cruise to see its glaciers, the whales and dolphins and its rocky coasts
  • Own a house
  • Fall deeply in love -- helplessly and unconditionally
  • Take the legendary Orient Express from Venice to London
  • Write a book and have it published
  • Get a tattoo or two
  • Run a marathon
  • Get black belt for karate
  • Be good in horoscopes, tarots and zi-wei
  • Get a PhD.
Some of these require $$$, while some need time and effort.. but none impossible.. I shall continue to add to this list and it shall be revised regularly..

So what is your bucket list?? ;)

I shall think about my funeral arrangements and burial preferences next... :p

No comments: