Apr 4, 2009

I know what I did yesterday..

I did something pretty stupid yesterday, even though it didn't occur to me until much later..

Went to Danzakura in Kamakura early in the morning for hanami (花見).. Walked the whole day with plenty of sakura to see and lots of photos to take.. Shall write about my sakura-ing in another blog.. Left Kamakura around 4pm and reach home around 5.30pm.. took a quick bath before heading out of the house again for a farewell party with my lab-mates... However, I was having a throbbing headache, and not wanting to spoil my evening, I took 2 paracetamol pills before I left.. and boy, what a big mistake that was!!!

The dinner was at a restaurant near Ikebukuro.. we were having a 6-course dinner with free flow drinks.. we talked and laughed.. without our Sensei around, we could talk more freely and without inhibition.. :p Within that 3 hours, I had 3 glasses of fruit liquor (on the rock) and 1 big glass of lychee サワー, which I normally won't feel a thing much less intoxicating me.. however, with the paracetamol that I took less than 1 hour ago just starting to slip into my system, the combination of alcohol and paracetamol was making me feel strange.. strangely high, actually.... :x

Frankly, haven't felt this high for a very long time.. and definitely never outside of my own house.. I could feel that I was having some minor difficulty stringing a complete sentence... My body was "floating".. I was high.. It wasn't such a bad feeling actually... :p But luckily, my self-control was still very much intact, so I didn't say anything or do anything that I might regret.. and I don't the others noticed anything was amiss too.. In the end, I still managed to get home in one piece, without any mishap.. ;) :p

So moral of the story, NEVER take paracetamol and alcohol together.. not only would it make one get drunk/high faster, it is actually very very very bad for one's liver..

No comments: