Apr 11, 2009

Less than hundred days to go..

That is the number of days left before I get out of school.. If everything goes well in Singapore (cross your fingers for me :) ), I might be starting work the 3rd week of July.. :) Heck, I might even be out of Japan before that!! :p

Even though I hate to admit it, I will definitely miss the life I have in Japan.. although it isn't what I have visioned – a pittance of scholarship and learning under a so-called academician, but it has been a pretty good one so far..
Admittedly, I am a better student now compared to my NUS days.. maybe because I knew my subjects much better than most students (with my experiences and all) and maybe even as much as the lecturers.. and also with all those years of working, I had learn the fine art of B.S. (Bull-Shitting, with a capital B and S).. I also knew how to cut corners, camouflage my laziness and still looked as if I put my whole heart and soul into those reports.. :) :p Thus, I have managed to keep all my Masters grades to As and A+s, with the exception of a B.. :( But again, why look at the glass as half empty??!! I should be proud to have “only” one B among a seas of A and A+, right?!?! ;)

But one important thing that I would take away from these 2.5 years would be the friends that I have made.. I have met and made friends with many whom I would never thought that I would be friends with.. Our paths would have never crossed if weren't for the fact that we were in Japan for one reason or another and were happened to be at the same time and place... Even if we won't be meeting up ever again, many I would like to keep in touch with, while I can't say the same for some... To those people, I would just say, "Good riddance!!" :p Again, it might be mutual for them too.. I think many hated my outspokenness and bluntness, while I despised their incompetence and irresponsibility.. But these people are the minorities.. Most are hardworking and sincere people whom I would love to be friends with..

Having friends from all over the place/country/world meant that both parties must make an effort to stay in touch.. And I realized long time ago that this is easier said than done... It is easy to promise to keep in touch but immediately disappear from the face of the Earth once he/she goes back to his/her country.. No point me trying very hard while the other party don't even bothered to reply my emails.. I won't waste my time on those who don't want to make the same effort.. Don't you agree??

No comments: