May 25, 2009

HK/Macao: Ngong Ping 360

Went to Lantau Island on my 2nd day in HK... to see the Giant Buddha Statue and savor the scenery during the 25-min cable-car ride..

Got off Tung Chung Station (东涌站) slightly after 9am only to find the cable car would only be in operation from 10am onwards.. Thus I took the 60-min bus ride up to the Giant Buddha (天壇大佛).. I would recommend taking both the bus ride and the cable-car ride for either way.. The bus ride provided a different view and scenery of Lantau Island.. I also visited the nearby Po Lin Monastery (寶蓮禪寺)...

Now, I think I shall let the photos that I have taken to speak for themselves..


The wind was fairly strong at the temple area.. and slowly tourists crowds started to form.. I left the area slightly after 12pm.. Very few were leaving the area, so I get to have a whole cable car to myself!! ;) With the strong wind, the cable car ride down was really exciting as the car was swaying (not so gently) with the wind!! :) :) :)

Here are some of the photos taken during my cable car ride..

After coming down from Lantau Island, I went shopping at the outlet center next to Tung Chung Station.. Bought some clothes (jeans, pants and t'shirts).. Had my lunch there too... I felt satisfied... :)

Then I went to Ladies Market (女人街) near Mongkok Station (旺角站). Walked around the stalls and shops.. As a very bad bargainer, I wouldn't have gone to the place had it not because of a request from my housemate to get her a pair of shoes... Most of the stalls sell stuff that I don't or won't use.. things like nice embroidery shoes/bags/accessories, non-genuine bags/watches/wallets/belts and many more.. but I can understand why my friends go "crazy" when they come here... ;)

More photos here..

No comments: