May 6, 2009

Jap songs

Recently got hooked to one Japanese song which was being played over the television.. (Looking at the time I spent in the kitchen, it is not much of a surprise.. :p )

The song is "Sakura" (桜) sang by a Jap group called Funky Monkey Babys.. Found the mp3 version of it through you-know-how la.. and got the lyrics in Japanese, together with the translated English version and Romaji version through Quartet4.Net..

Although the story of the song is quite cliche (you know what I mean when you read the English lyrics), but the melody is quite easy to remember and it got stuck inside my head for a few days now.. Thus I shall try to get it right so I can sing it during my karaoke sessions next time.. :p :p After more than 2 years in Japan, I need to "showcase" at least ONE Japanese songs, right?? :p

To be frank, this is not the first Japanese song that I like.. I don't have a favorite Japanese singer/group to be frank.. Most of the songs that I like were from Japanese dramas.. no surprise here too, since I was very addicted to Japanese drama before I came to Japan.. (Mmm... another irony.. :p ) like Blue Days and Real Voice by Ayaka ((絢香) from Sapuri, Suimi by E.L.T. from 結婚できない男, Sorafune by TOKIO from My Boss, My Hero, Dear Friend by Sowelu from Top Cast, Exit by EXILE from 女王の教室 and many more.. Of course there were some popular songs by SMAP, Ken Hirai, Utada Hikaru, GLAY, Kiroro and others which I kinda know but not well..

I should "re-cultivate" my interest in anything Japanese.. I stopped watching Japanese dramas, barely following my anime (Bleach, Naruto) and hardly have the mood to search for new Japanese drama/anime/song to enjoy.. Maybe this song would be the catalyst I need to get back my interest in learning Japanese, considering my JLPT exam is less than 2 months away.. :p :p :p

No comments: