May 20, 2009

I'm Back!!

Came back to Tokyo yesterday afternoon.. :)

It was a great trip.. And I am really glad that I went.. Even though I must confessed that my mind wasn't totally into the trip at the beginning, but after meeting Loreen in Macao, things became better.. :) This trip gave me the opportunity to look at things (that were bugging me) from a different perspective and take a more rational approach.. The distance and period of separation allowed me to see things more clearly.. Having friends who accept and not judge me made all these so much easier.. They reminded me to just be myself and not what others want/expected me to be... They were simply godsend! Thanks gals!!! :) :k

It was freaking hot in HK and Macao.. and I am tanned.. very.. :p Although I bought sun block on the 3rd day, I always forget to apply it.. I never once worry about getting tanned, but, for this trip, my concern was more of getting sick with all the "hysteria" over Influenza A.. Frankly I like being tanned, than being unhealthily pale.. and the fact is, I get tanned pretty fast and loses the tan equally fast too.. So I don't really care as much..

Drank lots of orange juice during the trip too.. almost everyday.. the $$$ spend on mineral water was also quite high.. but still it was all worth it.. at least I didn't get sick and kena quarantined when I came back to Tokyo.. :p

Even though I told people that I won't be doing much shopping while in HK, being one who don't like shopping, yet in the end, I still bought quite a lot of stuff... :p I just could not resist.. those familiar brands were beckoning me.. especially in those outlet shops... and so I bought pants, t-shirts, shirts, bag, perfume and sandals from Bossini, Giordano, Espirit, Nike and etc.. on top of that I purchased a huge bottle of oyster sauce, a bottle of Hoi Sin sauce (海鲜酱), a bottle of black bean paste (蒜蓉豆瓣酱), a packet of white fungus (白木耳 - for making dessert) and 1 can of Mei Chai Kou Rou (梅菜扣肉). Yes, I know.. It is weird/pathetic.. but hey, I can't get those things in Japan, or that they would have cost a bomb! Would have bought more, but was worried that my luggage would be too heavy.. :p

All in all, this was a great trip.. Two things stood out, chilling and hanging out with friends and the shopping... :p I realized that it is no fun going to HK or Macao alone.. you need friends around.. Unlike in Taipei.. Again, this might just be my own opinion...

Now I need to arrange and tag my photos, and then write about those 7 days.. Stay tuned!! :)

No comments: