May 8, 2009

Personality Plus Test

Was recently introduced to another type of personality types by my housemates, The Personality Plus by Florence Littauer..

Took the test online and below are my result.. My own comments and the traits that I think is quite true are in brackets, italicized and with a different color. :)
==================================================
Your result for The Personality Plus Test ...
Melancholy Choleric
  • The depth to see into the heart and soul of life.(Mmm.. I like to think deep.. :p )
  • The grip of leadership to head us to the good.(I used to love to lead.. but now, well, I only do it if I have to..)
  • The firm control when others are losing theirs. (Yes, I AM a control freak..)
  • The ability to analyze and arrive at the proper solution.(Sometimes I tend to over-analyzed..)
  • The willingness to take a chance in a doubtful situation.(I am not doing this enough..)
  • The talent to create a masterpiece where nothing existed before. (Not too sure about this part.. )
  • The pledge "if it is worth doing, it's worth doing right."(Either do it right or don't do it all.. )
  • The confidence to hold true in the face of ridicule.(Once I think I am right, I don't really care what others think.. )
  • The urge to "take arms against a sea of troubles by opposing them."(All I can say is that you won't want me as your enemy.. :p )
  • The aim to finish what you start.(This is something I need to work more on.. still procrastinating a lot.. )
Yours is the most successful combination of the personality types. The pairing of your decisive Choleric leadership, drive and goals, with your Melancholy's analytical, detail conscious, organized schedule-oriented mind is unbeatable. Your melancholy side is inclined toward perfection, and your choleric side is predisposed towards success. So you will get what you want no matter how long it takes.

This is what is awesome about you as a
Melancholy:
You are deep, thoughtful, analytical, insightful, serious, purposeful, genius prone, talented, creative, possibly artistic, musical, poetic or philosophical.
(Not too sure about the creative and artistic part.. although I like to write.. not too sure if I am any good.. ) You are considerate, conscientious, self-sacrificing, and sensitive to others. (I can be all these or none at all, depending on the situation and the people.. :p ) In the workplace you set high standards, pick up after others, are schedule oriented, organized, detail conscious, persistent, and thorough(I think it will be hard to work FOR me, cos I will be the slave driver.. :p But I think I would be fun to work WITH.. ) . You like charts and graphs. You see the problems and find creative solutions. (I find faults and tries to fix them.. to make things better.. ) As a friend, you make friends cautiously, are content to stay in the background, avoid causing attention, are faithful and devoted, deeply concerned for others, will listen to complaints, and you can solve people's problems.(I agreed to all the above, although I don't really show my concerns much.. ;) I think I am a very good friend to have, but not everyone knows or realize that.. :p )

And here is what is awesome about you as a
Choleric
You are a born leader, strong willed, active, dynamic, decisive, not easily discouraged, unemotional, independent, self-sufficient, confident, with a compulsive need for change & to correct wrongs, and you can run anything. (10 years ago I would not hesitate to run people over if I had to get the work done.. and I didn't really give a damn about who that person was.. now I will choose my battle wisely.. ) At work you are goal oriented, you see the whole picture, seek practical solutions, quickly move into action, delegate, organize well, insist on production, stimulate activity and thrive on opposition. (Which is why I cannot stand people who B.S. a lot AND cannot work.. and I am a practical person, so don't paint nice big picture and cannot deliver them.. ) As a friend, you have less need for friends than other temperaments. (So very true!! ) You'll work for group activity, lead, organize, and you excel in emergencies. (I like planning and organizing stuff.. but the group must be worth my time.. I might excel in emergencies but I definitely DO NOT like them.. ) You are usually right. (Hahaha!! Nothing more to add here.. )

Can you see how cool this makes you? You can do anything! Others are hesitant, indecisive, impulsive but not you. However, it is not all roses. There are some hefty weaknesses here too.

Here are your weaknesses as a
Choleric:
First of all you don't think there is anything wrong with you. You think you are always right, so you can't be wrong. You'll probably think the following aren't even weaknesses. (Yes, I USED to think so too, but not anymore.. ) They are. Cholerics are impatient, impetuous, inflexible, unsympathetic, bossy, quick tempered, dominating, and too busy. (Yes, I want things done yesterday, super inflexible, can be quite cold-blooded and gets angry pretty fast.. But I think I am doing a good job mellowing down.. :) ) You can't relax, you won't let others relax, you like to argue, you won't give up when you are losing, you won't admit you are wrong, and basically you come on too strong. (One word: stubborn.. totally agree.. ) In the workplace, you have little tolerance for mistakes, you don't compliment others instead you are rude and tactless, you make rash decisions by glossing over details (unless you have a melancholy edge to you), you are manipulative & demanding. (I must admit that I have very low tolerances for mistakes, especially repeated ones.. I am also learning to compliment people more.. and I am definitely VERY demanding with regards to my subordinates.. ) As a friend you tend to use people, dominate, decide for others, know everything, think you can do everything better than everyone else, be unapologetic, and be too independent. (Except for being unapologetic and too independent, I don't think I show any of the other traits.. what do you think? )

Those blend powerfully with the weaknesses of the
Melancholy:
You remember negatives, hold on to hurt, sulk, get moody or depressed or guilty, you are too introspective, self-centered, with a low self-image, you feel persecuted and you mind is off in another world. (All true which I am trying to overcome.. ) In the workplace you may be too meticulous, or a martyr. You are not people oriented, choose difficult work, are hesitant to start, spending too much time on planning, preferring analysis to work, and you are hard to please with your high high standards. (I am task-oriented, so most of the time I step on toes without knowing it.. ) As a friend you live through others, are critical, withdrawn, hold back affection, don't accept compliments, you are unforgiving, suspicious, and you dislike those in opposition towards whom you are antagonistic and even revengeful. (Need to be less critical, more open, express my affections more, learn to take compliments without feeling awkward and to forgive those who had wronged me.. still learning..)

Okay that is a crap load of negativity there. You are for the most part, freaking awesome. You are the cornerstone of any good plan. Without you everyone would just be running around like a chicken with their head cut off, or sitting around relaxing doing nothing. The other personality types would like you to understand how overbearing you can be, and they'd be grateful for more acceptance from you, but for the most part they appreciate your making things happen.


========================================

I believe that if I had taken the test 5 or 10 years ago, I would be the other way round, being very Choleric with a bit of Melancholy instead.. Time can mellow a person down, although it would be hard to really change a person totally.. ;) There seemed to be so much anger inside me back then, and I would get irritated and frustrated fairly easily too.. but now, I choose to accept things that I cannot change and just ignore stuffs that annoy me.. I became less confrontational.. but that doesn't mean that people would be able to walk all over me.. I just choose the less troublesome way out as I refuse to waste MY time and energy on things that meant nothing to me..

I read somewhere that Melancholy people are attracted to Sanguine people.. Maybe that is why I am having so much fun hanging around my housemates, who are both Sanguine.. :) :) :) Doing stuffs that I would never do on my own... :p

No comments: