May 22, 2009

HK/Macao: The Peak

First stop for my first day in HK: The Peak (太平山顶)

Took the tram up (HK$48).. the gradient was pretty steep..

The weather was bright and sunny, but somehow there seemed to be a thin veil covering the view..

Went to Madame Tussauds (HK$150).. saw many famous stars.. some of them were very life-like, but a couple of them just looked weird.. Also, I was fairly surprised to find out that many of these stars or famous persons are pretty short in real life!! :p Another thing, this is a place where you need friend(s) to help you take photos while you poses with your favorite stars..

There is a haunted house within Madame Tussauds called Scream (活命狂奔).. Went in with a young couple from UK.. It was okay.. as I had kinda anticipated where the scare was going to come from, it was not very scary.. :p

Didn't really stay that long at the Peak.. there was a shopping complex next to the Peak Tower, but I wasn't interested in doing shopping.. so I left the place after having my lunch.. took the tram down before noon.. thus I spent less than 4 hours there..

For more photos of The Peak and Madame Tussauds..

No comments: