Oct 16, 2009

Ironing out

Just did some ironing.. for my sis.. her blouses and pants.. as she don't have the time to even do her laundry..

Used to hate ironing.. especially the chore of ironing school uniforms.. but being the eldest, there was no running away.. so every Sunday, I had to iron my own sets of uniforms, my brother's, and also my dad's shirts and pants.. and I had to do it the old-fashioned way.. without using an ironing board.. but to sit on the floor and iron the clothes on top of a blanket..like what I am doing today.. or rather how mum has been ironing all these years.. My sis bought an ironing board several years ago, but my mum didn't know how to use it and still insist on doing it the old-fashioned way..

During my 2.5 years in Japan, I didn't even need to iron my clothes at all as I was wearing T'shirts and jeans most of the time.. If I need to wear formal suits, I'll just dry-cleaned them.. :)

Yet, along the years I've grown to like the task of ironing.. actually, it is kinda therapeutic.. with every swipe, wrinkles smoothed.. and of course, I've developed certain habits and ways of ironing.. I like to do tops first (blouses and shirts), and I would always start with the most challenging ones.. then followed by pants (since I don't have ANY skirts at ALL :p ).. While I was in Singapore, I used to allocate a time to do it.. once every two weeks.. I would put on some nice soothing music and start ironing.. Often than not, I would forget about the time and just enjoy the process.. :) :)

No comments: