Oct 2, 2009

Out of a suitcase

Literally, I am now living out of suitcases...
For the past 15 years, every time I come back to visit my parents, I will bring my own clothes from Singapore/Japan.. Of course, there are still some of my old clothes here and there at my parent's place, but most of them were in my home in Singapore/Japan..

All the cupboards in my parent's house now are filled with old clothes.. If I want to claim a spot, I would need to clean out all the old clothes.. With my brother and sister living overseas for the past 7 years, there bound to be lots of their old clothes that were kept for remembrance sake.. So I can't really throw out their clothes without asking for their permission.. Imagine how surprised I am when I recently found some T'shirts from my NUS-Eusoff Hall time!! Those are at least 13 years old and yet still in brand new condition!! And frankly, some of the clothes were so old that I can't remember if they were mine or theirs.. Oh, did I mention that our family is a bunch of hoarders?? :p

I think I will have a fun but hard time sorting out those clothes.. yet regardless, I still do not have enough space for ALL my clothes, even though I am not one who buys lots of clothes to begin with.. So for now, I am living out of my suitcases.. until I sort out (and dispose of) all the old clothes, or until I move out again..

No comments: